University of Oregon
The University of Oregon has 19,101 undergraduates and immense school spirit. The most competitive majors are business and architecture. Its School of Journalism is the 2nd oldest program in the US and offers majors in public relations, media studies, and journalism. UO has 300 academic programs, and 25% study abroad. 18% participate in Greek life. The campus was ranked in the top 20 in the US for the best food. Tickets to Ducks sporting events are free for students. A separate application is needed for art, design, dance, and architecture majors. They now super score both the SAT and ACT.
Non-residents Automatic Merit Scholarships—based on WEIGHTED GPA
• UO Excellent-- $15 K/year: 3.9 weighted; 1450 or 33 ACT
• Summit -- $10,000: 3.8 weighted GPA; 1250 SAT or 26 ACT
• Apex: $7500; 3.6; 1220 SAT or 25 ACT
• General University: up to $3000 based on application
Additional scholarships With Application—apply for in November
• Stamps—tuition and fee; enrichment funds—3.85 gpa; 1300 SAT or 28; extracurriculars app due 11/15
• Diversity excellence- $6500; 3.0 financial need; extracurriculars, contribution to diversity app due January 15th.