CU-Boulder has 27,815 on campus students and offers over 250 programs of study.
Arts and sciences college is the largest school
College of Media, Communication, and Information is a growing major
College of Music- audition based; can be a double major
Program in Environmental Design/Architecture - not highly selective
Program Exploratory Studies- serving undecided and not given top choice major.
College of Arts and Sciences- only has ONE reader. Determines if admissible to college or not. CU has 58 readers. For Business and Engineering, a second reader will review application. Worse case is that student will get into Exploratory Studies and still have a pathway.
Stats by major can be found on the CU website.
TEST-OPTIONAL-- 60% did not send test scores
· 80% sent test scores
· Engineering Honors- different ppl reviewing. Not part of the CA
· Engineering was 25% of applicant pool.
· 42% nonresident acceptance rate
o 102 applicants had perfect Sat and ACTs
· Aerospace- 19% of engineering apps with a 33% acceptance rate
· Residential campus moving across the street off campus
Engineering majors should take Physics and Calculus.
· 21% of app pool
· 35% nonresident acceptance rate
· Pre-business- 18% admitted— and then 90% eventually make it in.
· Offers a Business residential dorm.-- Moving to middle of campus. Engineering moving to the far out housing.
· 9% Business applicants denied overall to university
· 60% of Exploratory studies able to transfer into Leeds.
· Business majors- Calculus isn’t required calculus at the college; prefer Statistics. Average GPA of accepted students: 3.98
CU-Boulder's popular pool is shaped in the form of their mascot-- the Buffs (Buffalo)